Wonderful Days by Liz Flaherty

Good morning! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend if you're in the USA and I hope you had a great weekend even if you're not. 

I love the holidays. 

I was thinking about it this morning. Both my husband and I have had the worst colds in many, many years this month. He's waiting--painfully and mostly patiently--on back surgery. This hasn't been a year I'd want to live through again. Too much loss, illness, political strife...you name it; it's been rough. 

But on Wednesday night, all of our kids were in the same county. They met for dinner in town--just them. If they talked about putting their folks into "the home" we've been joking about for 20 years, they didn't mention it. 

On Thursday, we all gathered at my daughter's house. It was quieter than usual because only half the grands were there (they grow up on you!) but what a wonderful day it was. 

On Black Friday, I dosed up and went shopping with my girls. None of us had have-to things to purchase. We weren't bargain-hunting. We just went. And what a wonderful day it was. 

I don't know that I have a real purpose here, except to be grateful--'tis the season for gratitude, after all--for wonderful days. Even in horrific years, we have them, and they are what get us through still laughing and still...yeah...grateful. 

My personal blog, Window Over the Sink, is having guests every day between Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve. The Wranglers are visiting, and so are many other writers. They're sharing holiday memories, traditions, and some fun. I hope you visit and share in some of the Wonderful Days they're writing about. 


If you're looking for something new to read or give away, my Second Chances Series is complete and available on Amazon in Kindle Unlimited and paperback. 


Wishing you Wonderful Days!




Comments

  1. So very glad you got to have time with your girls! Hugs and also, I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A happy belated Thanksgiving to you, too, dear Liz. Enjoy your kids - every minute of it. I know they enjoy every minute with you. We all do.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Janie. I hope yours was wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Once again, beautifully written! I so enjoy reading your posts! And this is true--we have to enjoy those precious moments we receive! Happy and blessed holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment