2023 Goals ~ @AuthorKristina Knight


I love January. Not the cold or the wind or the snow - I’m not a martyr or a snow bunny - but the promise that it holds. I also love that January doesn’t have to be the only month where we talk about goals, goal setting, planning, or dreams. Every day is a chance to set new goals, reevaluate the old, and figure out a better way to go about getting to those dreams we probably don’t spend nearly enough time relishing. 

January, for me, means a new planner and new pens and probably a new goal or two, but I’ve realized over the years that if my plan in achieving that goal is off or just not working for me, I can set a new goal, dream a new dream, or figure out a way to get where I want to go. 

2022 was a good year, writing-wise with a few struggles thrown in that made me appreciate those high points, and I feel very positive about the possibilities that 2023 holds…so, here we go with my stab at Liz’s 5 Writing Goals challenge: 

1) Submit and sell a new contemporary project - currently at three books, but with the possibility of at least 3 more. 
2) Finish my women’s fiction project by June 1. 
3) Finish my I’m-not-quite-sure-what-this-is project by March 1. 
4) Publish the three Slippery Rock novellas on my hard drive. 
5) Stay in the joy of writing - burnout is a real thing and a couple of years ago I was feeling it pretty badly. 2022 was my year to find that joy again…and I did! Now, I want to hold on to the joy. 

There you have it, Wranglers … a year of writing wrapped up in five goals. What are you planning to achieve this year? 





Comments

  1. Loving your list, Kristi, and your POV on January. I think I'll try to borrow that. Wishing you the best of things on your projects. Go, Wranglers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought of January like that before because I'm usually so focused on the crummy weather. I think you have the right attitude, Kristi! Best of luck with your writing goals. I have no doubt you can accomplish them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment