New Year, New Goals

 


Hey Wranglers, here we are in a brand new year. I sorta promised myself I was going to go easy with 2023 resolutions and goal-setting. Just let each day happen as it would and take what comes along. But I really liked Liz's post on Tuesday about setting 5 writing goals, so I'm going to give it a try. I hope the rest of you Wranglers who are writers will do it, too, and we can all check in mid-year and then again at the end of the year and see how we're doing, okay?

Nan's writing goals for 2023:

  1.  Finish Book 3 in the Weaver Sisters trilogy for Tule by February 1
  2.  Write the first two books in the Walker Family series for Tule
  3.   Practice being better at Canva
  4.   Do more sprints--hopefully with Liz--we do it well together, and she's right on when she says it's so much easier when you do it with another writer.
  5.   Find more venues for book signings--that's for my own pleasure. I love meeting and talking to readers!
We'll see how this goes, eh?

In the meantime, I'm working, working, working on Jenny Weaver's story while Jo's and Jazz's stories are in production at Tule. I'm totally in love with the direction Tule has taken with my covers and titles. River's Edge is becoming well known as a great small town place for romance, and the new covers are knocking my socks off. Here's the first one, in case you haven't checked it out yet. 

Home to River's Edge


She’s determined to start a new chapter, so why is she still drawn to a man from her past?

When Jasmine Weaver, the chief of staff to a powerful D.C. congresswoman, chose integrity, she didn’t anticipate ringing in the New Year disgraced, unemployed, and sleeping in her childhood bedroom. Now back in River’s Edge, Indiana, identical triplet Jazz has her sisters’ support while she plans her next steps. She agrees to lead the committee for their high school’s fifteenth reunion, never dreaming that her co-chair is the man who broke her teenage heart.

As the new CEO of Walker Construction, Elias Walker has taken the family business to new levels of success. He’s buried himself in work to ease the grief of losing his fiancé several years earlier and wants nothing more than to be a carpenter again. Elias grudgingly agrees to co-chair the high school’s reunion committee, but when Jazz Weaver blows into town, suddenly anything seems possible.

These high school sweethearts have lived half their lives apart. Can they reinvent themselves back in the town where it all began?

Wranglers, I hope 2023 brings all of us joy and peace and pleasure. Be sure to check in here every Tuesday and Friday, let us know how things are going, and check out our comings and goings. We're excited to have you with us here in the round pen!




Comments

  1. Happy New Year and good luck with those goals. I love Jazz's cover...although I do want that one line to be bigger... Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. I know you do--perhaps you should consider lodging a complaint with the powers that be? Hugs, sister!

      Delete
  2. I have no doubt you'll reach every one of those goals, Nan, and beautifully so. Happy writing, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your faith in me, Janie! Miss you tons!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cover, Nan! I think Janie is right. You're going to crush those goals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment